Saturday, September 5, 2009

Why I don't sing in the car anymore

I love to sing in the car. Nothing makes a long car ride pass faster than cranking your favorite tunes and belting them out at the top of your lungs. I love the weird looks I get from the guy in the car next to me at a stoplight when I'm playing the air drums on the steering wheel. It's like you're in your own little world, in your own little car, and you are your own little rock band. No one can hear you except for your fellow passengers who, if you are lucky, are singing along just as loud.

Last Saturday, I was making my bi-monthly trip to Holbrook to pick up Jesse and Marie for our weekend visit. As usual, I had the radio on and was singing along with the songs I knew. Then the latest Nickelback song came on, so of course I had to turn it up and belt it out as loud as I could. Well, halfway through the song, I looked back, an
d this is what I saw......

Hailey had her fingers jammed in both of her ears and looked truly miserable. She must not like Nickelback. OK, its probably that she doesn't like me singing along. Oh, well. My one man band shows will have to wait for times when I am alone. If you're ever in the car with me and are in the mood for some air drums, let me know and I'll crank up the volume!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I saw the title, and quickly glanced at the picture and laughed myself to tears.
    oh my gosh that is too funny!! I can picture it perfectly!!! Next time we're in the car we'll have to act out some serious rock band. haha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you know what they say, what goes around, comes around! Remember how mad we used to get when Mom would sing and dance behind the wheel? (or maybe that was just me...I'm not sure).

    ReplyDelete