Friday, August 21, 2009

It's About Time!

I signed up for this blog back in January with every intention on starting a family blog. Well, it's August and I'm finally getting around to creating my first post. Procrastinate much? My husband and I live in Lakeside, AZ, and we have a beutiful daughter named Hailey who is 22 months old. I also have two wonderful stepchildren named Jesse and Marie who live in Holbrook, and we get to see them every other weekend.

I work at home as a medical transcriptionist, so I spend almost eight hours a day on my computer. Usually the last thing I want to do when I'm done with work is get on the computer again, but I promise I will try to post regular updates!

Lately, Hailey has been finding the smallest spaces she can to squeeze into (and get stuck in). Here is a picture of her in a small wicker basket that she crammed herself into. She thought she was pretty funny until she realized she couldn't get out!


Since Hailey was about 10 months old, she has attached herself to a grubby old Spongebob blanket that she calls her "Night Night." This blanket came in a box of hand me downs, and the only reason we kept it was that it would make a good blanket to take camping or other places where our nice handmade quilts shouldn't go. Well, we took it camping, all right, but it has also been to Utah, to the park, to grandmas, to family barbeques, to the lake, and even to church (and virtually everywhere else Hailey has been). I've had brief moments of wanting to wean her from it, but when I realize it usually comforts her better than me and helps her sleep through the night, I'll just let it be. She'll let it go when she's ready.


Lately, though, she has found another "comfort" object in addition to her "Night Night...." a Spiderman beanie!!


I may have taken Spongebob to church, but this one has got to stay home :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Welcome to the blogosphere, Megan! I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing lots of cute anecdotes! Hailey's a little doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeeah yeaah! Way to start the blog! I need to seriously update mine, hahaha!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE hailey's face on the spiderman beanie picture! It's perfect for what she's wearing!

    ReplyDelete